2. An Environmental Scan
3. Mission statement
4. UCCAANA Linkages
5. Strategic Goals
6. Expected Outcomes
The Union Christian College Alumni Association of North America (UCCAANA) was formed to provide a forum for networking among alumni and friends of UCC in North America. It has been registered as a tax-exempt entity in the US. While the bylaws and management structure are in place, the potential for the association to grow into an effective body remains to be realized. For this, forming an alumni community that is engaged and enthused through activities of the AANA is essential.
It is the alumni support that has made some of the Universities and colleges in the United States and Canada the finest institutions in the world. Learning from such examples, UCCAANA can serve as a channel to convey the rich experiences its members have gained in North America to its alma mater in its effort to renew and grow in the contemporary and global context and to make it an outstanding institution again. The management and staff of UCC expect support to the institution through alumni time, intellect, and finance. To provide linkage to and support for UCC, a list of strategic objectives of UCC has been made available to the AANA for its considered action. The linkage will be managed by an alumni office at UCC with dedicated staff and resources. Once the AANA establishes as a more cohesive body bound by shared/common objectives, it will extend its connection to the alumni community globally for an even richer experience.
To have a common understanding among its members of the objectives of UCCAANA as an organization and measuring progress towards meeting them, a strategic plan at the very least a list of strategic goals- is required. This document is such a plan for consideration and approval by the Board of Directors of the UCCAANA.
- While the alumni size in N. America is believed to be large, its engagement in the AANA is minimal. AANA should in all facets, be inclusive of alumni in Canada
- Historically the organization faced challenges in sustaining itself as an effective organization
- While there exists a dedicated 'Board of Directors', a commensurate General Body is lacking
- No reliable directory of alumni is available for useful networking
- The need for a set of shared objectives and plans for the organization has been recognized
- Little visibility of UCCAANA activities to the alumni community at large
- While generous donations have been made by a handful of alumni for specific UCC projects, the organization lacks funds for sustenance
- The recently established UCC alumni office in Aluva is to provide linkage to AANA and alumni in general.
- UCC has demanding expectations of the UCCAANA to support UCC projects.
- AANA and UCC should align their priorities for mutual support and benefit
- Alumni experiences/expertise could help enhance the International Program at UCC
- UCC may be bound by University policies in its attempt to enhance academic experiences
(i) to provide alumni and friends of UCC in N America a forum for networking and mutual emotional and intellectual enrichment and
(ii) to provide the College with encouragement and support for its renewal and growth in contemporary and global context.
Strategic Goals for 2008-2010
- Build membership of the UCCAANA and generate searchable database
- Establish funds for the sustainable operation of the organization
- Establish regional subchapters for UCCAANA in US and Canada
- Plan Networking Events for UCCAANA in N. America
- Work with UCC alumni office (Aluva) to establish an effective linkage with UCC & alumni globally
- Access UCC's list of strategic priorities for potential support by AANA
- Reach consensus on elements of Internationalization Program for UCC that can be supported by AANA
- Establish a potential roster of alumni speakers/mentors for lectures/advice at UCC
- Support/supplement scholarly activities of faculty and students
- Evaluate and initiate steps towards the establishment of an endowment fund for sustained support of UCC in specific areas such as scholarships, modernizing science laboratories, library improvements, etc.
- Recognize current/former UCC staff for promoting alumni relationships
- An energized alumni association with a clear understanding of its mission and with shared objectives. Provide structure to an organization committed to its objectives
- A connected, multigenerational organization seeking to share UCC heritage and experiences
- A compelling reason to attract new members to the organization
- An organization with a plan for sustained growth and a fulfilling journey into the future
- Linkage to UCC to share alumni experiences with the upcoming generations
- Support for UCC programs intellectually and financially for academic renewal and excellence. Aligned priorities of UCCAANA and UCC.